Technological and societal changes have forever altered the training landscape.
The normal of 10-20 years ago will NEVER return – training has transformed.
But the foundational principles of your technical training remain unchanged.
In fact, if your success is measured by how well your team internalizes and applies technical knowledge, instructional system design (ISD) principles are more important than ever.
How you apply those principles, however, may be dramatically different. Let us explain.
At its core, ISD relies on how humans learn. And despite the accelerating rate of technological and societal change, human nature has stayed constant for millennia.
That means to be effective, your training must integrate unchanging human nature with rapidly evolving technologies that affect how your training is developed and delivered.
For example, an existing 1.5-day in-person, instructor-led training (ILT) course might now need to be delivered virtually.
Or your 2-hour asynchronous computer-based training (CBT) might shift to micronugget training – where learning occurs in virtualized, bite-sized chunks on mobile devices.
In both cases, your training’s success relies on how well your instructional team integrates unchanging human nature with evolving technology.
And how well your instructors and facilitators also adapt their skills to those technology shifts.
For over two decades, we’ve helped dozens of clients successfully design, develop and deploy training solutions at the intersection of human nature and technology.
We’ve been integrating ISD principles with technology since the late 1990s –designing, developing and delivering training by satellite before Skype and ZOOM were even ideas.
And we’ve trained and certified hundreds of instructors and facilitators on a variety of technology platforms – from in-person ILT… to VHS video… to MS Teams.
So while others rush to jump on the training-technology bandwagon, integrating ISD and technology is embedded in our DNA.
That means when we help you address specific training needs, you’ll know both strategic and tactical-level training recommendations incorporate decades of real-world application.
We encourage you to explore our list of more in-demand services below.
Then when you’re ready to discuss how we can help you achieve your training goals, reach out to us for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.
- In-person to virtualized ILT. Convert your existing in-person ILT to virtualized ILT delivery while maintaining solid ISD principles.
- Virtualized instructor development. Show your experienced instructors how to adapt their existing in-person instructor skills to a virtualized environment.
- Training event marketing. Create and execute a connected, cohesive strategy that improves learner internalization and application by clearly and continually conveying your training’s why.
- Cross-cultural communication. Improve your team’s ability to succeed in our more global environment. We also integrate these principles into our other offerings.
- Training event design and development. Analyze, design and develop your in-person, virtualized or blended training event.
- Training delivery and logistics. Deliver training and manage on-site and virtual logistics – using your instructor or ours.
- Instructor development program. Give your instructors the knowledge, skills and techniques to conduct effective training events.
- Instructor certification program. Design, develop, evaluate and manage your certified instructor and facilitator program.
- Technical team training. Strengthen your technical team’s ability to work together – regardless of individual backgrounds, skills or experiences.
- Leadership training and communication. Develop and enhance your technical organization’s current and future leaders in group or one-on-one environments.
- Training document creation. Create or augment training-related program documentation to ensure your organization retains institutional knowledge over time. We also integrate this into our training event and program development offerings.